Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Benton's are open to support the Building and Construction industry during this time. However our Stores may operate differently than usual based on Federal and State Government requirements and recommendations.
Our focus is the health and well-being of the Benton's Community, being our Customers, Suppliers and Team Members. The Benton's team is ensuring we do all we can to minimize the spread of the virus.
Download the complete Benton's COVID Safe Plan for the full details.
For our Benton's Plumbing Plus Trade, Industrial and Commercial Customers and Benton's Gas Customers:
- Benton's Plumbing Plus Trade Stores and Gas are open to Trade, Industrial and Commercial customers.
- Benton's Plumbing Plus Trade Stores and Gas are open to members of the public.
- Benton's Plumbing Plus Trade Stores and Gas Stores are available for pick up services for members of the public for Email, Phone and contactless pick up.
- Benton's offer a contactless delivery option.
For our Benton's Finer Bathrooms Showroom Customers:
- Showrooms are open to the Public.
- Phone and Email orders are available and may be delivered by our contactless delivery service or by contactless pick up.
- Our Showroom Consultants are available to assist by Phone or Email.
In addition we have implemented the following throughout our network:
- Contract Tracing - all Customers, Sales Reps, Benton's Sales Reps and Team Members from other Branches, must sign in using the QR Code, or manually, when entering our Branches across the network in case we need to warn them of potential contact they may be exposed to.
- Mandatory Face Coverings - Until further notice, three layered face coverings must be worn by all Team Members, Suppliers and Customers indoors at all times.
- Barriers - these are in place at each Trade Counter across the network, to ensure social distancing of 1.5m is maintained.
- Acrylic Screens - these are in place at each workstation throughout both the Trade Counter and Showrooms, to limit the transmission of airborne particles.
- Capacity Limits - each Benton's Store limits the number of Customers allowed into the store, based on square meterage and the number of Consultants available.
- Appointment Only - entry into the Showroom is by appointment only to reduce the amount of contact between Customers and Team Members.
- Restricted access to all Offices - maximum density capacity is now enforced, ensuring there is a safe,
socially distant working space for those team members for all offices and showrooms. All meetings and appointments are encouraged to be conducted over the Phone, or via Video Conference.
- Sanitizing Stations - each Trade Counter and Showroom has a dedicated sanitizing station at the entry/exit for all Customers and Team Members to use upon entry and exit.
- Cleaning - each Trade Counter and Showroom is regularly disinfected throughout the day, to ensure all shared areas are sanitized.
- Cafe Bar & Public Communal Space Closure i all Cafe Bars and Public Communal spaces across the network have been closed for the foreseeable future.
- Signature not required - signatures are no longer required for delivery completion. If goods are left unattended a photo will be recommended to be taken of the goods.
- Cleaning - all vehicles within our fleet are regularly disinfected each day. Further, all vehicles have been supplied with disinfecting solution/wipes.
- Two-person deliveries - social distancing protocol is enforced and maintained by Team Members for products that require a two-person delivery. Face coverings will be worn where there is a need for two people to travel in a vehicle.
- Temperature Checking - where available, daily temperature checking is undertaken for Team Members, particularly those travelling to Commercial sites.
The health and well-being of our Community will continue to be our first and foremost priority.
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact your local Benton's Store and our staff are happy to help.